Project Manager Vacancy (Digitally Bias).
We have some exciting new opportunities within our Meriden HQ. We are seeking a digitally bias Project Manager to join our growing team. To apply, click here.
You’ll be working closely with the Relationships team to ensure the smooth and efficient delivery of projects through the business with a focus on one of our key accounts.
You’ll ideally have some agency experience but more importantly, you should be motivated, ambitious and not afraid to get stuck in. A genuine interest of the digital environment including social media, emails, websites and digital marketing.
Ultimately, by ensuring projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget you’ll be playing an important role in our client’s businesses whilst helping to build and maintain long-term client relationships.
- Liaising with and acting as the link between the client and the agency, delivering an efficient, effective and profitable service to clients.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Project planning and scheduling of budget and resource to deliver projects that meet creative, technical, timing, budget objectives
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions according to client needs and objectives
- Create, manage and communicate project planS
- Review outputs against the brief ensuring they are factually accurate
- Assist with the optimisation of web content for client’s websites through the CMS
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Driving and leading the project, communicating with the key stakeholders
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Needed
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to grasp a process and see how it could be improved
- Excellent communication skills
- Good business acumen and negotiating skills
- Accurate verbal and written communications
- Good understanding of online marketing tools
- To develop a constructive and positive relationship with the client team.
- Ensure work produced to Clients from the agency meets acceptable levels of quality and timeliness and is within budgetary guidelines.
- To act as key co-ordinator across agency departments.