PR & Social Account Manager
One Permanent Vacancy; 5 days per week (37.5 hours per week)*
*we’re happy to discuss hours and days with any successful applicant.
Based in Meriden, Coventry (near the NEC and Resorts World) with Hybrid Working (3:2 Office:Home)
Cogent is an award winning, independent, integrated marketing agency. We help brands to create belief that changes behaviour.
We’re super proud to say that:
- We’re ranked as one of Campaign’s ‘Best Places To Work’ in marketing (2 years running)
- We’re one of only 36 UK agencies to be IPA CPD Gold accredited (also 2 years running!
- And we’re highly recommended by our clients, according to Drum Recommends.
- Better people,
- Better relationships,
- Better work
(yes, in that order)
Why are we recruiting?
We’ve just had a record period of growth, both organic and through new business wins. So we need more of the very best people to join us; to do career-defining work on fabulous briefs across a truly enviable group of brands and businesses.
What are we looking for?
A personable, proactive account manager who can think creatively to create compelling and engaging content for press and social media. A confident and credible person to build great rapport with clients, media and influencers.
To support the delivery of brilliant client work! You will achieve this through building and maintaining relationships with clients and working collaboratively across our agency.
Knowledge & Experience
- PR and Social Media knowledge and experience
- Working knowledge of how to apply paid social media across different channels
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to create compelling and engaging PR and Social Media content
- Confidence and credibility when dealing with clients and the media
- Ability to work across b2b and b2c clients
- Organised, efficient and capable of handling multiple projects at any one time
- Team player
- Enthusiastic, ambitious and passionate about the role!
- Planning and delivery of PR & Social Media campaigns and activity
- Ability to analyse and evaluate results
- Proactive development of new ideas
- Ability to grow relationships with media and influencers
- Collaboration with colleagues across the agency (e.g. creative, film, search and analytics) to provide integrated solutions to clients
- Build and maintain relationships with clients
- Ensure effective account and project management
- Grow relationships with media and influencers and manage activity to deliver measurable exposure
- Manage media relations including crisis communications
- Understand evolution of social media platforms
- Deliver engaging PR and social media content
- Generate new ideas and approaches
- Support new business pitches
Total Reward Package
- £ Competitive salary
- Employer pension contribution of 4%, plus 4% employee contribution
- Employee Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- 35 days’ holiday (inclusive of BH’s and Agency Christmas Closure) full time equivalent
- One day each year (paid) for voluntary/charity work
- IPA member agency; plenty of access to industry related tools and learning
- Health cashback plan
- Access to retail, travel, vehicle discounts
- Flexible ways of working
- Various wellness initiatives
- Free onsite parking
Follow this link and register your interest.
Remember to check out the job applicant privacy note on the landing page of the link above.