Planner Job Vacancy.
We have a new exciting opportunity at our Meriden HQ. If you would like to express your interest please follow this link or similarly please share this with anyone that may be interested.
Location: Meriden, Warwickshire
This is who we are.
We are an independent, integrated marketing agency built on the power of Togetherness. With clients spanning across a variety of sectors, we’ve been around since 1930. There are around 100 of us here at Cogent, offering services including PR, social media, creative advertising, SEO, web/app development and much more.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for another curious and clever mind to join our planning team at Cogent.
2-3 years planning/strategy would be brilliant. You’ll fit right in if you are innately inquisitive, energetic, bordering on irritatingly enthusiastic with a constant thirst for knowledge. Being articulate and having courage in your own convictions will stand you in good stead.
As a planner, you are ultimately responsible for the quality of the thinking in the agency and therefore the quality of the creative output.
As a planner you have the following basic responsibilities:
i. To provide clarity and direction on each account.
ii. To constantly bring the consumer perspective into the creative process.
iii. To stay in touch with society and the trends that are changing it.
iv. To develop a strong one-on-one relationship with each of your clients.
v. Ultimately being able to consult on a marketing strategy level (not just advertising)
• Strategic Thinker
• Excellent Communicator
• 2-3 years planning/strategy experience
Helping to shape client engagement and ensure it delivers for their business by being able to:
• Interpret a client brief
• Understand sales & revenue dynamics of a client (volume, value, share, pricing, distribution, AWP)
• Understand different aspects of client’s business (marketing, sales, org, IT)
Comfortably communicating an actionable data-led insight from brand, audience, culture & category by being able to:
• Moderate qual research (on & offline)
• Know where to look for insightful research and discoveries
• Design questionnaires, screeners, discussion guides
• Analyse quant results.
• Consistently demonstrate the ability to synthesize implications (“so what?”) from analysis
Happily identifying alternate strategic routes for a problem, clearly articulating the chosen one by being able to:
• Define clear, actionable objectives
• Appreciate the components of brand & communications strategy (objectives, segmentation, positioning, targeting)
• Write a single-minded, inspiring creative brief
• Confidently brief creative & specialist teams
Supporting the creation of an idea that is right for audience & brand by being comfortable:
• Facilitating brainstorms
• Supporting creative with relevant and timely stimulus
• Providing sensitive and clear advice in creative development of an idea
Understanding the mechanics of effectiveness and how to build a case which means:
• Understanding the logic of how to prove effectiveness (controls, econometrics)
• Understanding KPIs, targets & data sources
• Understanding the uses & implications of testing methodologies
Total Reward Package.
• Competitive salary
• Total pension contribution of 8%
• Life assurance x 4
• Free onsite parking
• Health Cash Back Plan
• Flexible ways of working
• Wellness initiatives
• Social nights out… and so much more!
Follow this link and register your interest.
Remember to check out the job applicant privacy note on the landing page of the link above.