Business Development Manager Job Vacancy.
We have a new exciting opportunity at our Meriden HQ. If you would like to express your interest please follow this link or similarly please share this with anyone that may be interested.
This is who we are.
We are an integrated marketing agency built on the power of Togetherness. With clients spanning across a variety of sectors, we’ve been around since 1936. There are 90 of us here at Cogent, offering services from creative advertising, PR, social media, SEO, web development and much more. This role is within the Propagation Hive, which is accountable for delivering on the strategic direction of the agency through growth, data, insight, innovation and measurement. Following an exciting period of growth, we are looking to further build our Growth Team to accelerate and build on our recent success.
This is who we are looking for.
We are looking for someone who’s ideally from a marketing agency or creative services background (or a relevant, related field if you can demonstrate the parallels), with a passion for sales. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience, be results-focused, and have a track record of proactively opening up opportunities with senior client-side stakeholders from scratch through a variety of methods, and with an intelligence-led, consultative approach. We need a self-starter with gravitas and an entrepreneurial approach, whose first instinct is to roll their sleeves up and make things happen.
This is the role.
Reporting to the Growth Director, the Business Development Manager will play a pivotal role in delivering on our ambitious, targeted growth plan. You’ll maintain a strong pipeline of opportunities by building relationships, based on value and trust, with senior marketers across a range of industries. You’ll be armed with an enviable library of case studies, thought pieces and insights, and work closely alongside the marketing & PR team who’ll make sure the agency’s front of mind when you call our ideal client prospects. As well as identifying new clients to target, you’ll build on lapsed relationships too. You’ll be a fount of knowledge on review cycles and industry intel to make sure you’re hitting the right people with the right message at the right time. The role requires an ability to quickly and intelligently relate and communicate what makes Cogent’s proposition and offering compelling and relevant to our most valuable prospects. It also requires boundless energy and resilience, an entrepreneurial spirit and tenacity in the pursuit of goals. You’ll be a frontline representative of the business, so you’ll set the tone for a brilliant client experience.
• Lead new client acquisition through outbound lead generation.
• Strong track record in consultative selling, preferably in the marketing agency or creative services sector.
• Knowledge and understanding of insight led integrated marketing communications and it’s role/benefits in the current marketing landscape.
• Experience using sales CRM software to manage and report on the sales pipeline
• Knowledge of the agency landscape, our key competitors and their offerings.
• Acute attention to detail and excellent time management skills
• Confident communicator.
Key Responsibilities/Principal Accountabilities:
• Manage and build the income opportunity pipeline.
• Qualify opportunities and work with the senior team to convert them.
• Accurate use and maintenance of the sales CRM system.
• Report regularly on the pipeline, both to senior management and the wider agency.
• Make recommendations for proposition development working closely with the Growth Director and marketing team.
• Gather and share frontline market intelligence across the wider agency.
• Build the agency’s industry network and attend relevant events.
• Work in close collaboration with the marketing team to raise the profile of the agency among our most valuable prospects.
• Make recommendations for the evolution of our growth strategy based on first hand insight.
• Natural collaborator.
• High emotional intelligence.
• Commercially minded.
• A genuine team player who can truly embody Cogent’s togetherness approach.
• Positive attitude.
• Credibility and gravitas.
• Self-motivated, self-sufficient and accountable.
Behaviours required & Cogent Values:
APPROACHABLE. We are honest, open, ego-free, non-hierarchical and friendly (twats exit stage left).
PRAGMATIC. We are smart, balancing our IQ and EQ to make decisions without over complicating things, we solve problems in the moment, and keep things simple (rinse and repeat).
ZEALOUS. We are passionate about creativity, technology, actionable insights and effective delivery (radiators, not drains).
CONSIDERED. We think before we speak we substantiate our opinions with facts and examples, and are commercially savvy (cogent).
GROUNDED. We are down to earth, real and bullshit-free (custard, not crème anglaise).
Follow this link and register your interest.
Remember to check out the job applicant privacy note on the landing page of the link above.