Midweight Copywriter Vacancy
One Permanent Vacancy; 5 days per week (37.5 hours per week)
*we’re happy to discuss hours and days with any successful applicant.
Please note we are working remotely at present, however once government guidelines allow, we will be looking for staff to work onsite from our Covid secure offices with a likely hybrid home and office working model.
Based in Meriden, Coventry (near the NEC and Resorts World)
This is who we are.
Brilliant people, working together to create brilliant results. We are an award winning integrated marketing agency that’s bigger than the sum of its parts. Togetherness is our culture. It’s how we work with each other, and how we work with our clients, too. We want them to see us as an extension of their own teams, turning their complex problems into simple solutions. At Cogent, we create belief that changes behaviour.
Our vision is to create better people, better relationships, better work *yes, in that order. We value being kind, trustworthy and smart. We are an IPA CPD (Continuing Professional Development) Gold Agency, two years running in fact, which means we take our commitment to staff learning and development seriously and achieved Campaign’s Best 50 Company to work for 2020 – our staff love working here!. So, if this sounds like your cup of tea, then carry on reading…
What are we looking for?
Someone who loves copy, in all shapes and sizes. You love to write engaging brand copy that tells a compelling story, short social copy you just can’t scroll past and clever headlines that stop you in your tracks. You’re not a brief answerer, you’re a brief challenger. You ask questions and solve problems to deliver effective creative solutions. You think strategically and conceptually on every brief and have a great understanding of brand TOV. You’re a copywriting chameleon, humorous and entertaining one minute, emotive and engaging the next.
This role is for a solo copywriter, in a friendly and collaborative agency. You will be required to work as a team with strategist, relationships, and content creators to deliver great copy, while understanding client and team challenges. But it is you who sets the standards for what great copy looks like.
You are able to present your ideas confidently, both internally and to clients, managing feedback and challenges without compromising on the creative result.
Write great copy.
Knowledge & Experience Needed
- You have agency experience, writing copy for various brands across different media channels.
- You understand the advertising process and the requirements of integrated communication.
- You’re great at presenting your work.
- Effective copywriting delivered efficiently and to brief.
- Creative copy that challenges the status quo.
- Creatively inspired internal teams and clients.
- Working with the Creative Director to set the standards of great copy.
- Collaborating with different departments to solve copy challenges.
- Working with Art Directors when needed on campaign creation.
- Providing clear and persuasive rationales for your ideas.
- Presenting your work to clients.
- Working on pitches when required.
- Always being calm and considered under pressure.
Total Reward Package
- £ Competitive salary
- Employer pension contribution of 4%, plus 4% employee contribution
- Employee Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- 35 days’ holiday (inclusive of BH’s and Agency Christmas Closure) full time equivalent
- One day each year (paid) for voluntary/charity work
- IPA member agency; plenty of access to industry related tools and learning
- Health cashback plan
- Access to retail, travel, vehicle discounts
- Flexible ways of working
- Various wellness initiatives
- Free onsite parking
Follow this link and register your interest.
Remember to check out the job applicant privacy note on the landing page of the link above.