Junior Art Director Vacancy
One Permanent Vacancy; 5 days per week (37.5 hours per week)
*we’re happy to discuss hours and days with any successful applicant.
Based in Meriden, Coventry (near the NEC and Resorts World)
Please note we are working remotely at present, however once government guidelines allow, we will be looking for staff to work onsite from our Covid secure offices.
This is who we are.
Brilliant people, working together to create brilliant results. We are an award winning integrated marketing agency that’s bigger than the sum of its parts. Togetherness is our culture. It’s how we work with each other, and how we work with our clients, too. We want them to see us as an extension of their own teams, turning their complex problems into simple solutions. At Cogent, we create belief that changes behaviour.
Our vision is to create better people, better relationships, better work *yes, in that order. We value being kind, trustworthy and smart. We are an IPA CPD (Continuing Professional Development) Gold Agency, which means we take our commitment to staff development seriously and achieved Campaign’s Best 50 Company to work for 2019/2020 – our staff love working here!. So, if this sounds like your cup of tea, then carry on reading…
What are we looking for?
A conceptual Art Director, with an understanding of the Adobe suite. You like coming up with ideas as well as bringing them to life. You are a true hybrid creative, able to tackle briefs alone, or as a team with designers and copywriters. You’re not a brief answerer, you’re a brief challenger. You ask questions and solve problems to deliver effective creative solutions. You think strategically and conceptually on every brief.
Working into the Creative Director and Head of Design across a variety of clients and brands to deliver great ideas in any channel. You will be required to work as a team with strategist, relationships, and creatives to deliver great creative thinking, while understanding client and team challenges, you can manage client feedback without compromising on creativity.
Knowledge & Experience Needed
- You have agency experiences, creating campaigns and concepts for various brands and media channels. You understand the advertising process and the requirements of integrated communication. You’re great at presenting your own work.
- You know how to use:
- Photoshop (Basic understanding)
- InDesign (Basic understanding)
- Quality creative work delivered efficiently and to brief.
- Creative work that challenges the status quo.
- Creatively inspired internal teams and clients.
- Delivering great creative from brief to concept.
- Ideation through to final design.
- Collaborating with different departments to solve creative challenges.
- Providing clear and persuasive rationales for your ideas.
- Working on pitches when required.
- Always being calm and considered under pressure.
Total Reward Package
- £ Competitive salary (IPA benchmarking)
- Employer pension contribution of 4%, plus 4% employee contribution
- Employee Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- 35 days’ holiday (inclusive of BH’s and Agency Christmas Closure) full time equivalent
- One day each year (paid) for voluntary/charity work
- IPA member agency; plenty of access to industry related tools and learning
- Health cashback plan
- Access to retail, travel, vehicle discounts
- Flexible working available (subject to eligibility)
- Various wellness initiatives
- Free onsite parking
Follow this link and register your interest.
Remember to check out the job applicant privacy note on the landing page of the link above.