Art Director (Junior)
Based in Meriden, Warwickshire (near the NEC and Resorts World) with Hybrid Working*
* We currently have a hybrid working model, 2:3 office and home working.
One Permanent Vacancy; 5 days per week (37.5 hours per week)**
** We’re happy to discuss hours and days with any successful applicant.
Cogent is an award-winning, independent, integrated marketing agency. We help brands to create belief that changes behaviour.
We’re super proud to say that:
- We’re ranked as one of Campaign’s ‘Best Places To Work’ in marketing (2 years running)
- We’re one of only 36 UK agencies to be IPA CPD Gold accredited (also 2 years running!)
- And we’re highly recommended by our clients, according to Drum Recommends.
- Better people,
- Better relationships,
- Better work
(yes, in that order)
Why are we recruiting?
We’ve just had a record period of growth, both organic and through new business wins. So we need more of the very best people to join us; to do career-defining work on fabulous briefs across a truly enviable group of brands and businesses.
What are we looking for?
A conceptual Art Director, with an understanding of the Adobe suite. You like coming up with ideas as well as bringing them to life. You are a true hybrid creative, able to tackle briefs alone, or as a team with designers and copywriters. You’re not a brief answerer, you’re a brief challenger. You ask questions and solve problems to deliver effective creative solutions. You think strategically and conceptually on every brief.
Working into the Creative Director and Head of Design across a variety of clients and brands to deliver great ideas in any channel. You will be required to work as a team with strategist, relationships, and creatives to deliver great creative thinking, while understanding client and team challenges, you can manage client feedback without compromising on creativity.
Knowledge & Experience Needed
- You have agency experience, creating campaigns and concepts for various brands and media channels. You understand the advertising process and the requirements of integrated communication. You’re great at presenting your own work.
- You know how to use:
- Photoshop (Basic understanding)
- InDesign (Basic understanding)
- Quality creative work delivered efficiently and to brief.
- Creative work that challenges the status quo.
- Creatively inspired internal teams and clients.
- Delivering great creative from brief to concept.
- Ideation through to final design.
- Collaborating with different departments to solve creative challenges.
- Providing clear and persuasive rationales for your ideas.
- Working on pitches when required.
- Always being calm and considered under pressure.
Total Reward Package
- £ Competitive salary
- Employer pension contribution of 4%, plus 4% employee contribution
- Employee Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- 35 days’ holiday (inclusive of BH’s and Agency Christmas Closure) full time equivalent
- One day each year (paid) for voluntary/charity work
- IPA member agency; plenty of access to industry related tools and learning
- Health cashback plan
- Access to retail, travel, vehicle discounts
- Flexible working available (subject to eligibility)
- Various wellness initiatives
- Free onsite parking
Remember to check out the job applicant privacy note.