Account Executive (PR and Social) Vacancy
One Permanent Vacancy; 5 days per week (37.5 hours per week)
*we’re happy to discuss hours and days with any successful applicant.
Please note we are working remotely at present, however once government guidelines allow, we will be looking for staff to work onsite from our Covid secure offices.
Based in Meriden, Coventry (near the NEC and Resorts World)
This is who we are.
Brilliant people, working together to create brilliant results. We are an award winning integrated marketing agency that’s bigger than the sum of its parts. Togetherness is our culture. It’s how we work with each other, and how we work with our clients, too. We want them to see us as an extension of their own teams, turning their complex problems into simple solutions. At Cogent, we create belief that changes behaviour.
Our vision is to create better people, better relationships, better work *yes, in that order. We value being kind, trustworthy and smart. We are an IPA CPD (Continuing Professional Development) Gold Agency, which means we take our commitment to staff development seriously and achieved Campaign’s Best 50 Company to work for 2019/2020 – our staff love working here!. So, if this sounds like your cup of tea, then carry on reading…
What are we looking for?
A personable, proactive account executive to work in our PR and Social Team.
To provide day to day support/administration for the team, to ensure the relationships with our clients run smoothly.
We are looking for a personable, proactive account executive to support our PR and Social Team. You will provide day to day support/administration for the team, to ensure the relationships with our clients run smoothly.
Knowledge & Experience Needed
- Experience of liaising with media and influencers
- Copywriting skills in a variety of modes including PR and social media content
- Ability to multi-task
- Some experience of presenting
- Highly motivated with a proactive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Diplomatic and approachable
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills, ability to work to tight deadlines in a calm and professional manner
- Good ICT skills; Microsoft word, excel and power-point, systems-savvy
- Experience of using and understanding social media, ideally familiar with Facebook Business Manager, but training can be provided
- Create and manage PR and social content calendars (including scheduling and community management on social channels)
- Identify coverage opportunities
- Liaise with media and influencers
- Assist with detailed administration of the day to day running of an account; evaluation reports, meeting notes and weekly/monthly activity summaries – under the supervision of an account manager.
- Understand the process of measuring results against KPIs
- Build and maintain relationships with clients
- Anticipate and support the activities of other members of the team
- Promote and embody the togetherness culture
Total Reward Package
- £ Competitive salary (IPA benchmarking)
- 35 days’ holiday (inclusive of BH’s and Agency Christmas Closure)
- One day each year (paid) for voluntary/charity work
- IPA member agency, with CPD Gold accreditation; plenty of access to industry related learning and resources
- Employer pension contribution of 4%, plus 4% employee contribution
- Employee Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Health cashback plan
- Access to retail, travel, vehicle discounts
- Flexible ways of working
- Free onsite parking
- Various wellness initiatives
- Social events
Follow this link and register your interest.
Remember to check out the job applicant privacy note on the landing page of the link above.